Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Adjusting My Perspective


I had a restless night this past Sunday night as I was trying to sleep. I had a certain amount of anxiety because Monday morning I had a routine follow-up appointment with my cardiologist. I didn't expect bad news but part of me always fears it.

In my insomnia I turned on the t.v. And flipped by CNN. Oh, no. The horrible mass shooting is Las Vegas was just becoming a huge breaking news story. I cried sitting on the corner of my couch. I was finished trying to sleep for that night. I said many prayers asking for God's mercy over that terrible situation.

I was so tired as I got to my cardiology appointment. As per our usual, my husband drove me. He goes to all my medical appointments with me. It's nice to have that second set of ears. All went well with only an adjustment in my medication. My cardiologist wondered if I would like going to a gym. I currently walk with a cane, so I was inwardly thinking no to that idea. I will continue to do some exercising here at home. I've been doing well with some isometric exercises, but am currently waiting for a thigh muscle to heal that I tweaked. It'll be ok in the grand scheme of things.

The appointment went well with one little hiccup that I hated. I had gained 10 pounds since my last visit six months ago. A big part of that is fluid retention in my legs, especially my thighs. My theory on that is that it is largely hormonal because I have not been blessed with menopause yet. I had a few hopeful months, but it returned with a vengeance.

When I think of what happened in Las Vegas, my fluid retention or my fear of doctors is nothing. I have to adjust my perspective and not be so selfish. It is such a crazy world that we live in.

Thank you for reading along.

Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment