Friday, October 6, 2017

A Rainy Wet Day


Today is a rainy wet day here at the farm. My right leg hurts so bad that I could literally scream. I overextended the muscles as I was getting in and out of the shower. My knee and my lower leg are the culprits of discomfort today. In general, my legs are still recovering from the diabetic coma I was in over a year ago. My hope is that at least by acknowledging the pain, I can release it. I'm trying to stay off pain relievers because I don't like them and their side effects.

The day started out with a Pop Tart fire in the kitchen. My husband mistakenly put it in the microwave for three minutes instead of 30 seconds. Smoke was billowing. It's a good thing it was raining so the little fire was put out when the mess was tossed outisde by my husband. The farm cats scattered. They were smart enough to get out of the way.

The dogs seem a little unsettled today. They are barking at more than the cattle walking by. It's so foggy and misty out that I can't really tell the who, what, when, where and how of it all. Most likely the weather has a lot to do with it.

My mom had cataracts surgery this morning. I wasn't able to be with her, but I'm very thankful than my sister and dad were. I'll be taking her a meal tomorrow with my husband. She already put in a request for what she wanted. My husband helped get things ready ahead of time, so we'll just have to pick up and leave in the morning. We live about an hour away.We'll spend the day and leave the leftovers so she doesn't have to cook for a day or two.

I don't have a big evening planned. Sometimes I listen to the local radio station and their coverage of Friday night highschool football games. I never had children of my own and I guess I live vicariously through other families with their kids playing. It seems the games may get rained out tonight anyway. I can always share my Avon website on social media as a plan B.

Thanks for reading.

Sherry

Please visit my Avon website ...

No comments:

Post a Comment