Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hello, Mr. Frog



Hello, Mr. Frog …

One of my favorite sounds of spring is the croaking of fogs on our pond. It's a very soothing sound for me. It's such a sound of rebirth compared to the harsh whistling of the cold winds of winter.

So, as I began to be entertained by the frogs a few weeks ago, I was down in my basement doing some laundry when my thoughts turned to spiders. I'm not a huge fan of them. I had the passing thought that I could use a frog in my basement to eat the spiders. I live in a little old farmhouse and I gave myself a chuckle with the thought.

As I came up my basement stairs, I said a prayer. “Dear, Lord; Could you please send me an angel to rid my house of spiders? This I pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.”

I never thought anymore about it.

A few days later, we had a thunderstorm and water came into my unfinished basement. Clean up ensued.

Later, when I was back upstairs at the computer, I heard a single frog croaking.

I smiled.

Opening up the basement door and standing at the top at the stairway, I sure enough heard the frog croak again. I said, “Hello, Mr. Frog.”

Then I realized that I needed to thank God for my angel to rid my house of spiders. Who knew it would be a frog?




No comments:

Post a Comment