Thursday, April 30, 2015

My 50 Years



This has been a big week for me. I turned 50 years old. It was a very low key day as it came and went without much fanfare. That's alright with me, though. It fits my personality well. My husband promises to take me to a flea market this weekend as a celebration of sorts and I must say that I'm really looking forward to that. I'll be a nifty antique looking at other antiques. Fun is on the horizon.

As I reflect on my 50 years, I realize the main constant has been change.

I have seen the invention of cell phones, personal computers and all kinds of other improvements that affect my daily life. Astronauts walked on the moon for the first time in my lifetime and we've sent a land rover to Mars. There is even a space station.

Back in the good old days, I can remember that we did a series in my social studies class on what the future might be like. I thought I would be buzzing along in flying car like they did in the Jetsons cartoons. I expected to have a personal robot too. I thought the future would be a fantastic place. And, it is really.

There are so many things tjat have changed in my 50 years. I will just say that I give gratitude to those dreamers and inventors who have made this world a better place. I love their vision. I welcome positive change.

As I stroll through the antiques at the flea market this weekend, I will think fondly of the past and I will remember one of my favorite affirmations. “I bless the past with love and let it go.” And, As I move forward in this moment, I say “Today, the rest of my life is the best of my life. My future is fantastic.

Thank you for reading.

Sherry




1 comment:

  1. You youngen you! What a wonderful read! Thank you for sharing your life be it on the farm, shopping for antiques or sharing on facebook it's been a pleasure reading your true to life stories and feelings I'm glad we remain connected and friends. Love, Rain

    ReplyDelete